Pop culture images flashed onto the screen, and then were gone. That is what attendees saw at the Handcrafted Soapmakers Guild’s awards night dinner: Clues for a contest to guess where the next conference will be held. Many of the attendees needed only a single clue to guess that the next annual meeting will be held in… MIAMI!
Denver was our biggest Conference ever. Miami promises to be even bigger, so book your room early. The 2011 Conference will be held at Hilton Downtown Miami, an exquisite hotel with spectacular views of Biscayne Bay and of the Miami skyline. The HSMG’s Conference again will be filled with excellent speakers and vendors, delicious meals, and opportunity to network with fellow soapmakers. You wont’ want to miss it!
There is so much to experience in and around Miami, you will want to plan extra time before or after the Conference to:
• Enjoy the Art Deco buildings and night life of Ocean Drive in South Beach
• Visit The Kampong Botanical Gardens in Coconut Grove
• Swim in the Venetian Pool in Coral Gables
• Dive with dolphins at the Seaquarium
• Relax on the sunny beaches of Crandon Park
• Take a sightseeing cruise along scenic Biscayne Bay
• Drink Café Con Leche in Little Havana
• Shop at the exclusive CocoWalk in Coconut Grove
• Explore the natural beauty of the Everglades
• Drive down to the Florida Keys
• Experience the culinary flavors at the many ethnic restaurants around the city
• Search for shells on Sanibel Island
• And more…
All of the HSMG’s Board of Birectors and Conference crew is looking forward to seeing you in Miami, May 18-20, 2011.